Mr. Saltwater Tank’s Recommendation for the Best Test Kit on the Market
Get the Best Test Kit on the Market
Testing your tank’s water parameters…saying the words instantly brings up painful thoughts. Between counting drops, trying to read color cards and watching for insanely subtle color changes, the whole process is a pain in the butt.
I found a simple way around these headaches – the Hanna Instruments Checker:
- They do hard work for you – at the end of the test you get an easy to read number on a screen
- They are extremely accurate – down to +/- .04 parts per billion on some tests so you can be sure of your test results
- You never have to count drops…simply add in a reagent and run the test (you can do that right?)
- They are reuseable which saves you money (use up the reagents and order more instead of ordering a whole new expensive test kit)
And the really good news? It’s less than $50.
I’ve made it easy for you to dump your old test kit. Just follow the links below to order each checker:
- Tank Dabblers: Get yourself a Phosphate Checker and a Alkalinity checker.
- Reef Enthusiasts: Go for the Alkalinity, Calcium and Phosphate Checker
- Reef Junkies: You need the Alkalinity, Calcium, Phosphorus (Ultra Low Range) and Nitrite (Ultra Low Range)
Don’t know your tank personality? Learn about it here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About The Checkers:
Is International Shipping Available?
- Yes. All the links above will take you to the retailer who will ship internationally. (Or Click here to go to that site)
How many tests will each Checker run before needing to be refilled?
- It depends on the Checker. The Phosphate, Nitrite, and Phosphorus checker comes with about 6 reagent packets. The Alkalinity checker comes with enough liquid reagents to run 30 tests.
- NOTE: Extra reagents can be purchased with your Checker. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page for the checker you want to buy and you will see the options for purchasing more reagents. (For example, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the options for reagents for the Phosphate Checker.)
Are there Checkers for Magnesium, Calcium, Nitrate, etc?
- Calcium yes, you can get it here. Not for Magnesium and Nitrate yet, but they are in the works. Bookmark this page, or follow me on Facebook or Twitter as once they come out, I’ll let you know immediately.
What’s this “get on your calendar” stuff?
- If you purchase the checkers through the links above and send me a copy of your receipt, I’ll do a 20 minute phone consultation with you – for $0. You can ask me about a tank problem you’re having, what fish to get next, what lighting you should get – whatever you want.
Do the Checkers need calibrating?
- No. They are calibrated from the factory and do not need to be calibrated.